OUR CLIENTS LOVE US…
CASE STORY: MINNESOTA INDEPENDENT SCHOOL FORUM
Minnesota Independent School Forum (MISF) is a growing organization that connects and strengthens Minnesota’s independent and private schools. They had a solid vision, but the last time their leaders created strategic priorities was over seven years ago, and the landscape has completely changed. They knew that it would be wasted effort to write another seven-year strategic plan. They needed the ability to stay focused on their long-term impact, while being responsive to change. Leaders were ready to shift to a more agile and adaptive approach to strategy and wanted a lean process to go along with it.
MISF partnered with the Olson Group to learn how to activate agile strategy. Our goals were to:
- Cultivate an agile mindset across the entire organization
- Engage stakeholders to co-create strategic priorities
- Build the capacity of the team to make and manage action commitments.
- Develop the tools and practices that allow MISF to dynamically adapt to emerging priorities.
Project Priority Breakdown
- Stakeholder Engagement 35% 35%
- Leadership Training 25% 25%
- Strategy Sprints 20% 20%
- Data-Informed Decision-Making 15% 15%
- Practical Consulting 5% 5%
The Results Were Impactful
As we have shared our plan with our stakeholders, it is clear our members can see themselves in the plan and reaffirms our mission of serving them. The process and the strategic playbook we created are exceptional. The final product has enabled us to be nimble, while constantly keeping the larger goal in view.”